Sunday, February 27, 2011

Herniated Belly Button

Sages umbilical cord fell off when she was 9 days old (just in time for her newborn photos)

Everything was looking fine, however, a few weeks later it began to stick out quite far...I thought maybe she was going to have an "outie"...I had hoped not, but hey what can ya do? ;-)

Well it was purple in color and squishy, from what I had read it could be a herniated belly button. I was a bit nervous...but found that it was pretty common, and most of the time heals itself within a few years.
I had asked the Dr. about it at Sages 2 month checkup....she wasn't concerned and said the hernia was smaller than a pin hole, and should definitely would go down on it's own, but didn't have a timeline, so that was comforting.

Here is a photo of it when it wasn't too bad (but bad enough for me to worry)..it did get worse, but I don't have a pic. 1/21/11



Slowly Going Down In WV 2/15/11


And Today 2/27/11 Completely IN!!!



We went from a Mountain to a Mole Hill, to a Crater....and we couldn't be happier :)
We are so thankful it went down on it's own with no surgery.....and well it looks like she is going to have a pretty "Innie" come bathing suit season ;)

1 comment:

  1. i'm happy it went down without anything major having to happen. :)

    ReplyDelete